Fill blur no longer works

Hello,

no effect !
Windows 10
Shotcut 230909

Fill Blur ?

Bonjour MusicalBox,

oui, le Flou remplissage, anciennement flou tampon.

Ah! Blur: Pad

It does work for me.
Le filtre fonctionne chez moi.

Shotcut v23.09.29. Windows 10

J’ai déjà utilisé ce module, il y a certainement quelque chose qui m’échappe :worried:

I’ve used this module before, there’s definitely something I’m missing.

Sauf erreur de ma part, ce filtre sert à remplir les zones vides lorsque le clip n’a pas les mêmes dimensions que le projet. Par exemple lorsqu’un clip avec un ratio de 9:16 est utilisé dans un projet à 16:9.

Votre clip a le même ratio que votre projet. C’est pour cette raison que Blur: Pad n’a pas d’effet sur le clip.

Unless I’m mistaken, this filter is used to fill empty areas when the clip doesn’t have the same dimensions as the project. For example, when a clip with a 9:16 aspect ratio is used in a 16:9 project.

Your clip has the same ratio as your project. This is why Blur: Pad has no effect on the clip.

Oui, merci du support.
C’est pour cette raison, que dans le premier exemple, j’ai rétréci un clip à 80% , pensant que le module remplirait l’espace libre.
Est-ce le “mode vidéo” sur auto pourrait être la source de mon erreur.

Yes thanks for the support.
This is why, in the first example, I shrunk a clip to 80%, thinking that the module would fill the free space.
Is the “video mode” on auto could be the source of my error ?

Cela dépend.
Auto règle le Mode Vidéo aux dimensions du premier clip importé. Si c’est ce que vous désirez, alors il n’y a pas d’erreur. Mais dans ce cas, le filtre Blur: Pad est inutile.

It depends.
Auto sets Video Mode to the dimensions of the first clip imported. If that’s what you want, then there’s no error. But in this case, the Blur: Pad filter is useless.

Quick question: what is the intended purpose of this? You are making the video smaller instead of letting it fill the area intentionally? If so you can manually create this effect by putting a copy of the video in a track below the current one and add a Blur filter directly to it.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,
this module is still more practical than copying the existing track into another and blurring the first :slight_smile:

I played around with the settings and found a workaround for you:

with the Blur: pad filter selected either change the numbers in the Size field to something smaller (actually change these to exactly the ones in the Size Position and Rotate filter, both position and size values) or drag the bounding box in the viewport and this seems to make blurry everything outside it:

Thanks Daniel, I’ll try this and let you know.

Hi Daniel,

it works perfectly. Many thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 89 days. New replies are no longer allowed.