FCP XML Import ist es möglich - is it possible

Hallo liebe Community

Ich bin kompletter Anfänger in Shotcut und versuche mich gerade einzuarbeiten.
Gibt es eine Möglichkeit eine FCP XML zu importieren in Shotcut. Ich habe etwas über *.mlt Dateien gelesen aber das ist ja nicht das gleiche wie eine xml Datei oder?
Gibt es da möglicherweise einen converter, den ein normaler user bedienen kann?

Ich bedanke mich schon mal im vorhinein für die Hilfe.

Rudi

Google Translator
Hello dear community

I am a complete beginner in Shotcut and am trying to get used to it.
Is there a way to import a FCP XML in Shotcut. I’ve read something about * .mlt files but that’s not the same as an xml file right?
Is there possibly a converter, which can operate a normal user?

I thank you in advance for the help.

Rudi

Hallo Rudi und herzlich willkommen,

As far as I know, there is no converter between FCP XML and MLT (also xml based).
The data fields and parameters contained in them are completely different and hence incompatible.

Paul

Hello Paul,

thanks for the quick response. I already feared that. I use the catalog function of MYNC - Grass Valley to quickly review the clips and tag. Also, there is a storyboard function with which you can create a rough cut very comfortable. Exporting it completely is not an option. But there would just be the function to export it as FCP XML file. I really wanted to avoid the heavyweights like Edius, premiere CC or Da Vinci Resolve. Is it foreseeable, if such an import might still be available?

Rudi

Hello Paul,

danke für den schnellen Response. Das habe ich schon befürchtet. Ich benutze die Katalogfunktion zur schnellen Durchsicht der Clips und zum taggen. auch gibt es eine Storyboardfunktion mit der man sehr komfortabel einen Rohschnitt erstellen kann. Diesen dann komplett zu exportieren ist keine Option. Aber es gäbe halt die Funktion es als FCP XML Datei zu exportieren. Den schwergewichten wie Edius, premiere CC oder Da vinci Resolve wollte ich eigentlich aus dem Wege gehen. Ist es absehbar, ob ein derartiger Import vielleicht noch nachgeliefert wird?

Rudi

Hi Rudi,

Sorry, can’t think of any automated way to import those cuts.
One method that comes to mind is to use an EDL, but is manual and therefore can be very tedious if you have a lot of clips and cuts.

From the Grass Valley application, can you export a CMX EDL?
If so, do that then open it in a decent text editor, something like Notepad++ for Windows or Editra or Sublime Text on Mac.

The EDL file is simply a text file with the clip name and the in/out points.
You can then import the clips into Shotcut and you will know where to make the cuts.

Slow but at least you don’t have to completely start over from scratch.

BTW, Shotcut can export EDLs but not import them.

In case you don’t know the structure of an EDL, simple example below:

14%20PM

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.