Failure to export on macOS


#1

I can’t export my video, it doesn’t even begin to export before an error shows up. Here’s what the log says:

objc[1656]: Class SDLTranslatorResponder is implemented in both /private/var/folders/wx/44bpjrl1655gkzdnk2_r3m_h0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/56BF9138-E217-46B4-9A32-45A583A52FE7/d/Shotcut.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib (0x111daef98) and /private/var/folders/wx/44bpjrl1655gkzdnk2_r3m_h0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/56BF9138-E217-46B4-9A32-45A583A52FE7/d/Shotcut.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib (0x1137972d8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Failed with exit code 10

Didn’t manage to find a solution online, using MacOS.


#2

Hi,

what weird folders.

From a development perspective, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5849361/how-do-i-define-which-library-to-use-on-mac-os-x might be relevant.

Did you download shotcut from https://shotcut.org/download/ or compile it yourself or using brew or similar?

I tested 18.05.08 on macOS 10.12.4 with a simple one-image 5second project and it rendered fine. Can you render a super-simple project?

Perhaps clearing the config files might help. https://shotcut.org/FAQ/#where-are-the-log-presets-database-and-settings-stored


#3

Same problem here using Linux Mint Cinnamon. Everything works fine until I try to export. First screen works (settings), but when I click export to get to second screen where I name the file and tell it where to go, Shotcut closes with no error messages…Just closes.


#4

I have no idea why your export fails, that log seems unhelpful. Is that the complete log?

One of the reasons my exports failed was that for audio I should have used aac codec (when for video I use mpeg4), if I used some other audio codecs export failed.


#5

Yes it is the complete log. I have had the exact same problem when trying to export a video. I can’t seem to get anything to make it work.
This is the log when I remove the libSDL-1.2.0.dylib one (I can’t remember the specific name), and immediately put it back in after I start the export.
AAAAAAA.txt (379 Bytes)
This is the log when I do that with the libSDL-2.0.0.dylib one.
aaahREEEEE.txt (401.7 KB)


#6

It is OK to remove libSDL-1.2.0.dylib but NOT libSDL-2.0.0.dylib. 1.2.0 is being removed from the next version to prevent the confusion. However, I highly doubt this is the source of your problem.
A lot people when reporting a problem provide too little information. For example, we have no idea whether the problem is specific to this project or a general problem. Please tell us if the following works:

  1. start Shotcut
  2. choose File > Open Other > Count > OK
  3. Export > Export File
  4. enter “test.mp4” and click OK

#7

Use the terminal application and try running shotcut in it. Then it should provide the output log there.


#8

If you are using Linux, then it is not the same problem.
Your problem sounds like a flatpak problem.