Failed to open mlt file (pls help file attatched)

What is your operating system?
I’m using Window 10 64bit

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
And when I was using 18.08.11, and I installed the latest version but it’s still not working.

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

I have been working on this video for a few hours yesterday. And I remember there was once I couldn’t open the mlt file, but after I restart my laptop it works again. However, when I tried to open it today, it’s not working. Please give me some ways to fix it if there is any.
This is the mlt file.
The cured 100% winrate kit in pvp legacy.mlt (54.0 KB)

Your MLT filename has a % character in it. Shotcut/Windows does not like this. Remove this character and the file should then open.

P.S. When working on long projects in Shotcut, make sure you make a backup copy every so often (e.g. at least once per hour) so if you have a major problem and lose the MLT file you have a backup to fall back on.

1 Like

My computer teacher back in the early 80’s gave us advice that still holds true today. If it’s important, back it up. If it’s really important, back it up twice.

1 Like

I verified that this is the problem. Accepting this bug to do something even if possibly to prevent allowing or using it.

It worked thanks a lot!