Fail to launch after update Windows Intel HD Graphics driver

What is your operating system?
windows 10 -64 bits

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
SHOTCUT only works with old version intel drive, if update program does not run.

This isn’t really something that can be sorted out by the Shotcut developer(s).

Most vendors advise not to upgrade the graphics driver unless you are experiencing problems with the current one. Where did you download the new driver from?

Don’t forget that if you’re using an OEM device (such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus, etc.), consider that many manufacturers (especially Intel) modify their drivers to limit, expand, or optimize the functionalities of the integrated graphics card. This means that if you have a branded device, it’s always recommended to download the latest updates from the computer manufacturer support website instead of Intel. Otherwise, your device might experience unexpected behaviors, missing configurations, or you may not be able to access all the features.

I downloaded from INTEL’s own website, I even installed an application of theirs to scan my machine. The strange thing is that the device doesn’t show up in the graphics settings and SHOTCUT only works with the previous version of the drive.

As @Elusien said, this is often not the best option. Manufacturers add their own hardware and tweaks for competitive advantage or cost savings, which the Intel driver will not always support. Try the driver supplied by the computer’s manufacturer.

Also try different options from the menu for Settings > Display Method. Perhaps something went wacky with the OpenGL or DirectX drivers and the opposite one will work now.

The problem is that it works, but with the old driver, and the INTEL application keeps telling you that the driver is out of date, I’ve already contacted INTEL.

Intel is not the brand of the computer; it is the brand of the processor. What the others are saying is that you need to get your driver specifically from Dell or Asus or whoever put together the computer.

Did you reboot? You should

See the registry files in the below help topic for ways to reconfigure Display Method when you cannot reach the Shotcut Settings menu.

It’s not correct. The drive I ask is the graphics drive, which is from INTEL.

Yes, the brand of the graphics unit is Intel. But the brand of the computer that the graphics chip is in is something else.

If you get a driver from Intel, it will be a generic driver, which may or may not be customized for the specific ways your computer is set up. Thus the advice to get the driver from your computer manufacturer.

Yes, there are. I’m still not sure how to configure Shotcut, I’m learning with videos on YOU TUBE, the official videos I can’t understand because my English is terrible. (you can’t imagine the work involved in talking to you, I need to translate, sometimes guess what the translator did, and write in Portuguese and translate in English, but it’s worth it). I am in contact with INTEL, for remote assistance, I will show you the problem.

Thank’s…