Fade In/Out not working on a simple photo background

What is your operating system?
Windows 10 Home

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
I am creating a simple music video with lyrics. When applying the fade in/out filters to a static photo background, the fade in/out on the timeline looks normal but the filters don’t work. This background photo is extended through the entire song. One thing I noticed is the timeline shows the entire photo thumbnail instead of cropping in the fades. I tried deleting and reloading the photo to no avail. I tried a different photo, no go. I reset the settings and lost my file… :frowning:

Hi @GORDON_KANE

Please check this:
If your image is on track V1,
OR
If there is nothing on the track(s) below the image.

Make sure Adjust opacity instead of fade with black is not enabled.

Unable to reproduce. You need to provide clear explicit steps and not simply “filters” and “cropping” or a very illustrative screenshot. For example, in

I can see in the Project preview both the result of the crop and the fade to black.

Maybe the problem is that you are not paying close attention to what is selected when you are adding filters. The Filters panel tells you at the top what is selected, and Timeline shows what is selected with a red outline.

I reset the settings and lost my file

The settings includes your recent files history. Just because you do not see it listed under Recent or Recent Projects does not mean the file is gone or deleted. You need to pay attention to where things are in the file system on your hard drive. You can use File > Open from the menu to browse to the folder that holds the project and choose it.

This topic was automatically closed after 89 days. New replies are no longer allowed.