Operating System: Fedora Linux 44
KDE Plasma Version: 6.7.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.29.0
Qt Version: 6.11.1
Kernel Version: 7.1.10-200.fc44.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00GHz
Memory: 12 GiB of RAM (11.6 GiB usable)
Graphics Processor: Intel® HD Graphics 520 (integrated)
Problem Description: When zooming in or out on the timeline with multi-track media or long audio/video clips, the UI freezes and suffers extreme frame lag under the Flatpak build.
Key Finding: Testing the official portable AppImage on the exact same machine resolves the lag completely; timeline zoom and canvas panning remain instant and fluid.
I don’t know how to reproduce though, and I cannot see the logs. Any help will be appreciated here.
What is the Shotcut version? Hurry and check before it updates. And what is the version of the AppImage?
I have not reproduced a problem that is different than AppImage on my Linux system, and it was improved for all operating systems for the new version 26.9, especially when you zoom in beyond the half way point of the slider. The project I tested has about 430 clips and is 2 hours long. I doubt there is anything more I will do to improve its performance.
Shotcut Flatpak version is 26.8.1 (I was just using 10 clips for 45 seconds, and the zooming suddenly became too too laggy to manage. Those clips themselves are atmost 1 min long)
Shotcut AppImage version is 26.9.27
Thank you for taking the time to look into this and explaining the timeline zoom improvements in version 26.9.
Please also pay attention to when the clips’ audio waveforms have finished generating. Because Flatpak is a sandbox, it has its own disk cache for thumbnails and waveforms. Please upgrade the flatpak and test it. Load the project aned wait for waveforms and thumbnails to be done. If any of your clips is less than the entire source duration, it will be generating in the background for the entire file. That activity can really lag the app on a low end system, especially if not using SSD. You can use a system monitor to check CPU and disk activity to try to tell when it has settled. End of waveform generation is reported in the log and the status area under the player, but it does not say anything when there is nothing to do.