Exporting blank video from Pixel 5a

I tried to research my issue and I think it’s related to this one, since it’s the same behavior: Shotcut is not exporting video, only audio

I can open a video created two weeks ago with a Pixel 4a, create a 30 second timeline, and export it fine.
Try to do the same with a video created by a Pixel 5a, and it looks fine in the timeline, looks to be successfully exporting, but the video is black/blank.

I tried the workaround: I opened a Pixel 5a video, did the “convert to edit friendly” to it. Then opened that converted file, and exported from there.

And it has the same behavior. It says it’s successful, but produces a blank screen.

Any help appreciated.

Are you using Hardware Encoding to export the video? Many people experience a similar problem when using this. If so, deselect this option and export again.

Hello, I am the guy who opened the issue what yours relates to. I recommend to manually convert the variable framerate videos to constant framerate ones before importing to Shotcut, because I’m still stuck with the built-in converter.

If you’re familiar with the command line, you can easily do that:

ffmpeg -n -i original_video.mp4 -c:v libx264 -b:v 70M -profile:v high -threads 8 -c:a copy converted_video.mp4

You can create a loop to handle multiple video files with something like this:

find . -type f -name '*' -exec ffmpeg -n -i {} -c:v libx264 -b:v 70M -profile:v high -threads 8 -c:a copy .{} \;

Bonjour, quelqu’un pourrait-il expliquer ce qu’est un pixel 4 ou 5a.merci

Thank you for your reply.

I haven’t tried manually converting them, but I did try converting them from within ShotCut, (when it asked)

I really dislike the time and extra drivespace necessary to do the conversion process. I’ve reverted ShotCut versions back to Nov. 2021 and that’s working for what I need.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.