Export to mov in photojpg codec?

is this possible? i didn’t see it in any options but i’m brand new to shotcut so pointers appreciated.

thanks
babag

As far as I can tell, “photojpg” is not a codec anywhere. In any case, it is simply not available. Do you want motion JPEG? If so, use the MJPEG preset in Exports. That saves to AVI, but you can also try to change the Format to mov and save as that.

thanks, dan.

i found this in an ffmpeg vfx workflow page:

2k mono @ 48 fps (422)

ffmpeg -y -probesize 5000000 -f image2 -r 48 -force_fps -i ${DPX_HERO} -c:v mjpeg -qscale:v 1 -vendor ap10 -pix_fmt yuvj422p -s 2048x1152 -r 48 output.mov

this is said to be photo jpeg even though it clearly says mjpeg. the key, according to the article is the qscale value. is there a way in shotcut to apply specific values like this qscale value? and, while i’m at it, i’d probably just want to try applying this whole line. is that possible?

thanks again,
babag

No. Shotcut uses FFmpeg, but it is not a simple frontend for the ffmpeg command line utility.

Use the MJPEG preset, and then Export > Advanced change the Format to mov and in the Codec tab change the quality percentage to affect qsalce. 100%, the default, already gives qscale 1 as you can see in the job’s XML when you right click the Job and choose View XML and look into the <consumer> element. You can also add vendor=ap10 in the Other tab to get that put into the mov output.

thanks dan!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.