Export problem

Hello, I’m having trouble exporting a project that is almost 12 minutes long. It has extra audios, text, and image processing (such as opacity). I’ve tried many times to export but it never works. Most of the time it only arrived at 5%. Below are the ways I tried to export:

1. I checked OPEN GL (NOT WORKING)
  2. I already tried to mix in constant bit rate
  3. I have already placed MBV Rate Control
  4. ALREADY REDUCES AUDIO BIT RATE
  5. I already tried the formats> MPEG-2, YOUTUBE, H.264 MAIN PROFILE
  6. EXPORTED IN STANDARD (MP4)
  7. EXPORTED IN AVI
  8. Change the scan mode to interlaced and then change the field order to the first field.
  9. EXPORTED IN WMV (It only worked out halfway)
  10. EXPORTED IN MP4, 1280x720 AND 12MB BIT RATE
  11. DELETE HALF OF PROJECT AND TRIED TO EXPORT ONLY HALF OF PROJECT IN 1080p
  12. I DELETE EXTRA AUDIOS AND IMAGE AND AUDIO FILTERS, SO EXPORTED ONLY 1080p VIDEO (up to 68%)
  13. I DELETE EXTRA AUDIOS AND IMAGE AND AUDIO FILTERS, SO EXPORTED ONLY 720p VIDEO (it was only up to 68%)

None of these ways worked. The only one that worked and I tested 2 times is:

1. Exported in MP4, 720x480 (inferior quality)

Unfortunately I tried many other times, as I already lost a lot of time in the project I do not want to lose it, but I wanted more quality because it is to be passed in Data Show.
Below I am leaving the settings of my notebook, and the prints of my project.
Do you have the solution for me?

Version of Shotcut: 19.10.20
Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1) 32 Bits
Intel Core i3 -2310m 2.10GHz
Memory (RAM) 3,00 GB

You could try a better interpolation method, like Hyper/Lanczos, but I don’t know if this will help a lot.

1 Like

Hi, this is a long shot, and may not be the answer - but - is the clip marked “Terra Do Pao” (2nd from the left on V2) an audio file (not video)? It may not be! But if it is, it may be worth moving it to an audio track and seeing if that helps.

EDIT - you can probably ignore my answer - I just did a test and exported a short video with an Mp3 on a video track - and it worked fine. So that’s not the answer to your problem…

1 Like

You are probably out of memory and possibly not enough processor speed.
Not saying it’s not possible, but it may take so long, you’ll just have to wait a very long time for it to process.
https://shotcut.org/FAQ/#what-are-the-minimum-system-requirements

https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/idiots-guide-sd-video-vs-hd-video

1 Like

I agree with @Hudson555x. You are more than likely running out of memory. Not only is a single process (running .exe) limited to 3 GB RAM on 32-bit, which is very limiting for video editing, your entire system only has 3 GB RAM! Export in Shotcut runs in a background process. This means when export starts the operating system itself is taking some RAM, Shotcut UI is taking a fair amount of RAM to load itself plus your project, then the background export process (qmelt.exe) needs to load the same project and spend RAM. Ways to reduce RAM usage:

1. Reboot
  2. Close all other applications
  3. Limit your project (Video Mode) resolution
  4. Export outside of Shotcut:
    1. start an export
    2. stop it
    3. right click export Job and view its XML
    4. save the XML
    5. close Shotcut
    6. run cmd.exe
    7. cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut
    8. qmelt \path\to\save\xml
2 Likes

I tried this solution, but it dind’t work. :frowning:

Thank you anyway.

I see, it must be really low memory. Thanks.

I will try again by following these steps and I’ll talk here if it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.