hey elusien, thx for the feedback! totally get your ‘late for work’ remark just didn’t know where to start, so thx for the application log, learnt something new already!
so first of, following dan’s advice below, i tried new project, just loading the source file, setting speed to 27x and press - export - from playlist (without really selecting any specific setting/format), and this worked, process completed in about 1min. output file is 16MB.
but what i did before is loading the video in the timeline, do 2 splits (like 20sec before and after), and speed up the big midsection. so doing that or starting from my saved project, i then press export (again defaults, without really selecting anything specific), then export process goes really slow and after about 5min (6-7%) it fails. meanwhile a proces named qmelt.exe consumes up 6+GB of RAM and between 10-40% CPU. a 2nd time i even got a windows notification to stop this program (qmelt) because there wasn’t enough RAM anymore - my system has 8GB RAM, HD has 25GB left)
That is the name of the Shotcut program that does the actual export. It seems your project is stretching the limits of your RAM, and adding the speed effect is pushing it over the edge. You can edit the intermediate sped-up file into your project. Also, to give export as much memory as possible before export: close Shotcut and all other programs, start Shotcut, open the project, and immediately export.