Error code 11 - solved [vertigo filter]

hi all,

first: thank you for an amazing product - really enjoy using it.
thought I’d share an experience with an error code 11 I had; hoping that a permanent fix can be sorted out.

I run protools and latest version of Shotcut; my cpu and memory are definitely not an issue. I tried to export a video/audio (1min 15secs) track to standard mp4 but kept failing at 82%. I looked at logs and noticed an audio error near the top of the log, so I played with audio bitrate in protools (24bit to 16bit) but this didn’t make a difference. some other audio error occurred, but it didn’t appear to be fatal.

I tend to keep it simple and not use too many filters in the video, but I added a little ‘vertigo’ filter to the end of the clip which I really wanted to use. when I disabled it and ran the export it worked. I added it back in and it failed.

would it be of any benefit to send logs from the failed version?

also, on another topic: I attempted to use the zoom feature in the “size, position and rotate” filter. when I apply the zoom, I get a line (zoom navigator) on the clip I’m attempting to apply the zoom to; this stays in the clip and I’m wondering how to remove it and still keep the zoom I’d like to use - any help greatly appreciated.

thanks and peace,
gilly.

The log will not help with that. Maybe if you supply the video mode resolution and vertigo parameters it will help to reproduce it.

when I apply the zoom, I get a line (zoom navigator) on the clip I’m attempting to apply the zoom to; this stays in the clip and I’m wondering how to remove it

Maybe this is the visual control that appears while the clip and filter are selected. If you deselect either or export, it goes away. If you think that is not what you see, then show a screenshot.

hi @shotcut

resolution is: 2304x1280
the vertigo parameters are:

1. speed
  2. zoom 20%

I am also using the ‘trails’ parameter with vertigo at an amount of 10 frames
(I’ve been able to use both filters in 1 frame before the error occurs for the frame in question).

regarding the zoom “line” within the frame:
I wasn’t able to export originally and I haven’t tried to add it again since I did it last night. I will attempt to zoom and then export to see whether it actually appears in the mp4.

thank you for the comments!
gilly.

I have not been able to reproduce it with your resolution and filters (in either order) and parameters. It can happen that some combinations of things will fail. We are not able to test many combinations as there is nearly an infinite amount of them.

thank you for your efforts @shotcut ; I will continue to experiment. I have double checked memory and cpu and the MAC I’m working on is performing well.

I can confirm that the zoom ‘navigator’ is not present in the mp4 after successful export :slight_smile: thank you and best, gilly