Equals (=) sign in Text: Simple filter generating strange outcomes

Hello everyone … In a Shotcut mlt file I created at least 2 years ago, I have a Text: Simple filter that contains a number of equals (=) signs. On a recent re-edit - i.e. since the 20-02-17 update - I noted that all of the text preceding the first equals sign, plus the equals sign itself, had vanished from the preview screen. I discovered that if I deleted the first equals sign, the phenomenon jumped to the next one, and so on.

The structure of the original text is as follows:

XXXXXX = XXXXXX
YYYYYY = YYYYYY
ZZZZZZ = ZZZZZZ

But the preview shows:

XXXXXX
YYYYYY = YYYYYY
ZZZZZZ = ZZZZZZ

If I remove the first equals sign, the preview then shows:

YYYYYY
ZZZZZZ = ZZZZZZ

And if I remove the second:

ZZZZZZ

Removing the final equals sign gives this preview:

XXXXXX XXXXXX
YYYYYY YYYYYY
ZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ

I know there used to be an issue with the hashtag (#) symbol - hence the special button! - but this seems to be something different. I hope I’ve explained it clearly.

Workaround

Hi Hudson555x. Many thanks for swift response … Just tried it, and it works! Amazing! If you have the time, I’d be interested to know how you worked it out. If not, then thanks again just for the solution.

Edit … Actually, I just realized that what you did was logical because only the first equals sign causes the problem, so adding one creates the workaround.

This is fixed for the next version.

1 Like

Many thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.