Editing Android Videos Choppy

When I shoot video with my LG G7 Android phone, the video in Shotcut editor is extremely choppy. If I run it through Handbrake, it looks fine. Is there a video setting on my Android that I can use to “eliminate the middleman” of Handbrake and go directly into Shotcut? I know that when the video is converted at the end it’ll be smooth, but it’s impossible to edit when it’s choppy.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Dan

You have to convert your clips to “Edit-friendly” in SC.

Thanks. Working on that now. I’ll report back as to how it worked out.

Regards,

Dan

Well, I don’t see a “convert to edit-friendly.” Not only is the preview window choppy, but the timeline is choppy–so much so that It’s impossible for me to edit anything. Shotcut wasn’t like that, before. I’m afraid I’m going to have to change to some other editing software. It’s a shame, because I didn’t have that problem before.

Okay, thanks. I found it, converted it, and it’s somewhat better but still not smooth enough to do any edits. :frowning: I just don’t know what to do, at this point. Punt, I guess. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help,

Dan

Can you upload one of the files so we can take a look at what’s going on? There’s other camera apps(open camera and cinema fv-5 both come to mind) that may behave better than your stock app.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.