Edit in 30FPS, export in 60FPS?

I just finished editing a compilation video which is synced to the beat of a song, its easier to sync things to the beat in 30FPS (Performance on my laptop is improved as well compared to 60FPS), but many of the videos which were imported into the compilation are 60FPS.

If I were to simply export the video as 60FPS without changing “video mode” from 30FPS, will all of the 60FPS parts be actual 60 FPS? (Obv the 30 fps will be the same except for filesize) OR maybe I should change “video mode” to 60FPS before exporting? Would this mess up the synced up parts of the video?

Also, similarly, if I edit a video in “Video Mode” 1280x720 (For performance), with imported videos that are 1080p, and then export in 1080p, will it be actual 1080p? (I’m already using proxy editing as well)

No, it will be rendered at 30 and then frame-doubled to 60.

if I edit a video in “Video Mode” 1280x720 (For performance), with imported videos that are 1080p, and then export in 1080p, will it be actual 1080p?

No, it will be rendered at 1280x720 and then upscaled.

Change the video mode and try it. You are not committed to the new video mode until you save, and even then you can Save As.

1 Like

Sync will probably remain good enough, possibly off by a frame at most. The more important thing is to check all cuts and transitions for any gaps that may have appeared between clips.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.