Duplicating a video track

I am new to Shotcut and video editing. Although I am basically a still photographer I have been asked by one of my clients to shoot B-roll footage in their factories.
I am using a Canon 5D Mark III.
I notice that under some fluorescent lighting I get flicker.
I don’t think there is a filter for this in Shotcut. Is there?
I did find a technique on line which requires creating a duplicate track and off setting it by one frame.
I can’t seem to find a way to duplicate footage and put in on a separate track.
I would appreciate the help.

Create a new track by right clicking the timeline and pressing “Add Video Track”. You can select the clip on one track and press ctrl-c to copy it. From there you can press ctrl-v on the clip to paste it in the new track. Note that the new clip will start at where the playhead is.

1 Like

Before pasting, make sure you make new track the current track by clicking the track header for that track or by pressing keyboard up arrow. Then, position the play head where you want to paste (use |< and >| buttons on player or keyboard shortcuts Alt+Left/Alt+Right to move between edit points).

Once you have copied and pasted the clip one frame ahead, what needs to be done next to remove the flicker?

This is a very important point if you want, say, a title to appear over video without the base picture changing or shifting. In other words, the base picture will appear unchanged as the title comes in and out.