Duplicate Video Track Name

Operating System - Ubuntu 18.04

Shotcut Version - 20.10.31

Problem Repeatable - Yes?

If so, what are the steps?**

Ok, New video track name was accidently renamed to an existing track name. See the Image attached. Not sure how it happened, but I would have thought if we are naming a new track, that if a name already exist it should error with a message. Not sure if this is a feature of SC though.

I only found out about this problem with i was adding a transparent track to the new timeline, and it was messing up, as the transparency was not coming through, and then realised that because the video track is named the same as the existing track, then it messes up with the new timeline.

Thanks.Selection_752

This is not a bug. There is no requirement that names be unique as the names are not used internally. It does not cause a problem. They are for your own purpose.

then realised that because the video track is named the same as the existing track, then it messes up with the new timeline.

That is incorrect. You must have been confused by something else.

I have attached sample file. sample-bug.mlt (4.2 KB)

The problem is not due to the name. I see a problem in the XML, but I do not know how it got to be there.

If so, what are the steps?

I tried doing the same steps, but it seems to be ok now. I thought it was the rename of the track that got it in that state, but obviously not.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.