Dragging an image to the timeline ripples markers by 4h

What is your operating system?
Windows 10 x64

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
Have some clips and a range marker in the timeline.
(all ripple buttons clicked)
Drag and drop an image from the playlist into the timeline, somewhere before the start of the marker.
All the markers to the right of dropped image seem to disappear but checking the .mlt file it seems they are pushed to the right by exactly 4h.

My theory: when double clicking an image even though it’s actual duration is 2s (in my case, default) in the source player it shows it has a duration of 4h:

In mlt:

<properties name="shotcut:markers">
      <properties name="0">
        <property name="text">benzinarie</property>
        <property name="start">00:00:09.576</property>
        <property name="end">00:01:04.538</property>
        <property name="color">#FF0000</property>
      </properties>
    </properties>

β†’

<properties name="shotcut:markers">
      <properties name="0">
        <property name="text">benzinarie</property>
        <property name="start">04:00:09.576</property>
        <property name="end">04:01:04.538</property>
        <property name="color">#FF0000</property>
      </properties>
    </properties>

There are two durations for a piece of media: source and out point. Editable audio and video files have a natural source duration but not a still image, and there is no way to handle infinite. So, it is set to 4 hours to allow one to drag the out point a long time. I guess the ripple marker code is looking at the wrong duration.

This issue also occurs on trimmed audio/video clips whether from Source or Playlist with either drag-n-drop with ripple on or using Paste - except the source duration is not usually 4 hours. Rather, the marker ripple amount is incorrect. This is fixed for the next version.

1 Like