Does shotcut have a stopwatch feature?

Cheers for doing this Brian, I’ll be sure to use it in a lot of my future videos.

Now that our channel has over 1200 subs I should do a quick guide video to Shotcut. As I’ve used it to make a large chuck of our videos and all the 4K ones:

I’m not sure what the use case for that would be. Typical viewers won’t understand frame counts.

THANK YOU… THANK YOU… THANK YOU!!!
This timer overlay is fantastic. I coach track and field (athletics) and this overlay is an incredible addition when using Shotcut to analyze race videos. In addition to the 5 supported formats mentioned here, the latest Shotcut version as of today, also has a very important format in ss.ss (seconds and 1/100ths of a second). This is VERY helpful for all running races less than 1 minute, actually it is perfect for everything under one minute.

Is there any way mm:ss.ss could be added as a supported format. In this case, recorded race times, that is, those over one minute, which are always measured in mm:ss.ss format, could also be properly overlaid on the video.

Again, thanks for this timer addition. I have already gotten good use out of it, and Hope to see mm:ss.ss as an additional option soon.

THANKS

1 Like

The immediate setting is not here, but the tools to make it happen are.

shotcut181113_2018-11-15_00-53-47

V1: main video
V2: Transparent color, Timer MM:SS
V3: Transparent color, Timer SS.SS, Mask (Operation: Subtract)

Shotcut 18.11.13

Over my head, but I think I see what you are saying. Thanks for the reply Hudson555x, I will play with it. Maybe this will be an interim workaround, but still hope to see mm.ss.ss as an additional option in the near future.

Happy Thanksgiving:

Thank you! - very much appreciated! Could I please request that it show MM:SS.SS when seconds are less than 10. I’m sure this was your intention, as all the other formats follow this rule. Currently, when seconds are less than 10 seconds, it shows MM:S.SS. Therefore, the transition from, for example, from 04:9.99 to 04:10.00 looks awkward, and I’m sure you meant, for example, 04:09.99 to 04:10.00. This timer function and MM:SS.SS format is incredibly useful to any track and field coach, or anyone wanting this precision in their timing of any video clip.

Thank you or the report. This will be fixed in the next release 18.12.

Awesome!

@brian, do you think you can add a feature to Timer that lets you start it at whatever time you want? I’m not talking about at a time within the clip but at whatever time I want at the start of the clip. If I want to start the timer let’s say at 2 minutes then what happens is that the timer only starts moving when it gets to 2 minutes. What I would like is the ability to have the timer start at 2 minutes at the start of the clip and not literally 2 minutes into the clip. This can be done when the direction of the timer is changed as it can be a countdown but I don’t know how it can be done the other way around.

If I have an event that I am timing but I want to edit it down because it’s too lengthy then when I start splitting the clip the timer keeps restarting back to zero. There is no way to have the timer pick up at whatever time I want it to at the start of a clip as it will always be zero.

Have you tried using the offset parameter?

https://streamable.com/duudd

How do you access that? I only have "Start and “Duration” on mine.

Maybe it’s not in 19.01.27. I’m using 19.02.03. Got it here Shot cut crashes on vertical videos

Yeah it’s definitely not in 19.01.27. Good to see that I was on a similar wavelength with the Shotcut development. :grinning:

Maybe they can read minds.:grin:

Work pretty good. You can set a new offset every time you split the clip.

Yep. I just added that last week. It will be in the next release. I am open to discussion on the naming of the parameter and fields and its general operation. I don’t want to make the filter confusing for the normal use case.

I think offset is a good name for the parameter. It took me a minute or so to figure out how it works. It could be called “timer set”.

I don’t understand why the duration parameter defaults to 10 sec.

It is arbitrary. But what duration would make a better default?

I think zero would be a good default. To let the timer run the duration of the clip unless the user wishes to set the timer to stop at a certain point.

I aggred. Most of the case starting from Zero 00:00:00:000,