Developer Shoutout and new feature suggestions

I’m making progress

So I have found the location of where I need to put the tracking information in the MLT file.

In some days, I’ll have the tracking data linked up and it will move the inserted objects according to the tracking data.

Experimental Status only

3 Likes

It’s just developer mumbo-jumbo for now but I’m able to scan the .mlt file and locate and replace affine transitions.

The next step will be to use the position data from the tracking video, insert that, and see how that goes.

Experimental status only

2 Likes

Hi @david.lyon.
Just want to let you know that even if not many people reacted when you started to work on this tracking feature, I for one am very interested and I appreciate your progress updates.

Also, if you think you’ll need beta testers at some point, let me know. I’ll be happy to help if I can.

2 Likes

Sign me up as a tester also. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m just doing this for my own reasons - I like playing with OpenCV.

I’ve now got lots of tracking data coming out of videos in hopefully the correct format to go back into the .mlt file and I’ve just got to do a few other things with it like linking it up to the replacement image. Like everything, it’s a much bigger job than I thought and my time is limited.

I’ll do another update next week but it’s still progressing.

1 Like

I made a video of where I am up to with the Tracking Experiments. Unfortunately, I have been more busy with other commitments than what I had hoped. Due to that, progress is slower than what I had hoped.

I can generate keyframes and I can write them to the .mlt file. However, OpenCV uses a different coordinate origin so it doesn’t quite work properly just yet.

Later.

2 Likes

Another update.

Now I can sortof display a flat image in the tracked region. Not a video yet but that will happen soon.

It’s a bit glitchy at the moment but that will be fixed sometime.

1 Like

Thanks for the update :+1:
UpdateS is fact. I just saw that I missed your previous one. :flushed:

1 Like

No problem.

I was just looking through the Qt 3D examples looking for things that might be helpful in the 3D editing space and found these.

This example is the most applicable to Shotcut → Qt Quick 3D - Screen Space Reflections Example | Qt Quick 3D 6.4.0

and Qt Quick 3D - RuntimeLoader Example | Qt Quick 3D 6.4.0

It would seem from those examples that the basics of 3D editing API already exist within the Qt framework. I

For 3D Video Editing, I think the main requirements are to be able to insert a 3D object from a file then drop it onto a plane that exists within the scene. It’s also vital to be able to track that plane in 3D and then use keyframes to be able to move the object.

I wouldn’t say it’s easy though. I’ve been learning 3D for about a year now and it’s only now that I would even consider trying to use tools like that.

Whilst it’s slow going I now have video being overlaid.

I originally thought that I could get to this point in less than a week !! wow, what an under-estimation. :joy:

On the flip side, at least I can watch football on the screen.

2 Likes

Update: Final merged video can be written to file.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.