Delay when select a clip on long timeline

Win10 x64 21H1 (32G RAM; IntelCore™ i7-8750H 2.20GHz)
Shotcut version 22.04.25 x64

The longer the timeline, the longer clips are selected

video report

I try all display methods, change settings, use proxy — error persists.

P.S. Thanks for your work! I use shotcut for all my videos.

A few things that are unknown are your clip source properties, Video Mode used, etc.

Generalized help is that you may have variable frame rate video that needs to be converted to edit-friendly.

Along the left side, are all of those applications running?
Appears you have 2 instances of Shotcut opened up with a lot of other programs.

Do you get the same after restarting your PC and only using 1 instance of Shotcut?

A few things that are unknown are your clip source properties, Video Mode used, etc.

1. clip source is proxy.
  • codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
  • resolution: 960x540 (PROXY)
  • frame rate: 30
  • format: yuv420p
  1. I try all video modes: opengl, directx, mesa. In all — same problem.

Generalized help is that you may have variable frame rate video that needs to be converted to edit-friendly.

I tried this, didn’t help. if you need i can make video-report with edit-friendly clips

Along the left side, are all of those applications running?

Yes, but CPU and RAM not fully loaded, exist many free resources.

Appears you have 2 instances of Shotcut opened up with a lot of other programs.

No, it’s 1 instance of Shotcut, second icon it’s “External Monitor” in settings. I try off this, didn`t help.

Do you get the same after restarting your PC and only using 1 instance of Shotcut?

Yes, i try restart, didn`t help.

If someone needs more information about bug, I’m ready to provide, make a video.

Related

It is not just about the duration; it is also the complexity. There is no fix. Maybe spending several weeks to rewrite it will make it faster, but I do not believe anyone is currently doing that or planning to. In the meantime, you need to work with the limitation by limiting your project. That might mean working on it in separate chunks that you export to intermediate files and then combine in a super project.

got you, thanks for the reply.
Hope this gets fixed someday.