Cutting content from all tracks in center of video

Hi there everyone!

I need to cut 11 seconds out of the center of my video. It’s got three video tracks and one audio track at that point. I’ve been playing around with it for a while now but I just can’t seem to figure out how to cut the content all in one deft swoop.

I split each channel at both the start and stop point of the part I wanted gone and deleted all the bits separately but it caused issue with the regions of my uppermost vid channel where I had multiple regions in place for masking over content. They all got placed out of sorts and I had to drag each bit left until I hit it’s new home.

I know there’s got to be a way to shift all places left but if it’s there, I can’t find it.

Enable ripple all tracks. Use remove or “x” to cut the 11 seconds. All the tracks will be moved left.

1 Like

Other keyboard shortcuts that might be easier to remember are: Shift+Backspace or Shift+Delete, and Ctrl+X. These are for Ripple Delete and Edit > Cut. Regular Backspace and Delete do what is called a “Lift” operation, which does not ripple. Please be aware that a Cut operation also opens whatever you cut in the Source player, which makes the Source player like a clipboard viewer. That may not be desirable if you had something else staged in the Source player.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.