Crossing Thailand by first class train

I’m currently on sabbatical leave, and using it to travel around the world & create videos. For the occasion, I purchased a new laptop with higher performance. And the results are amazing - Shotcut runs incredibly fast (and note we are not even talking about an ultra-high performance laptop). This should be good enough for anything but a professional video editor.

Results:

Laptop: HP ENVY Laptop 14-eb1000TX
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-11390H
Memory: 16 GB
Drive: 1 TB SSD
Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 Laptop GPU

6 Likes

Nice travel video, keep up the good work

1 Like

I should should start getting ready to be like a thai. Thailand for holidays would be nice.

1 Like

Good Video

1 Like

Nice job and video! I love Thailand and have been there many times.
First class is not really what you expect first in western countries but its cheap.
Once we went from Yangon (Myanmar) to Bagan (city of temples) and traveled by night train.
Unfortunatly the sleeping appartements were all booked but we got seats in a first class compartment.
The seats were old recycled seats from airplanes and the windows didn’t work - some fell down.
In the night it got really cold in the train and windy - we all felt very sick the next day.
But anyway it was a lovely trip. Don’t miss the Schwe-Dagon-Pagoda in Yangon and the Kanda-wagi park and lake.
Is 20 baht really 6 USD now? We got around 50 bath for 1 Eur about 11 years ago :slight_smile:
You could rent a motorbike (125 ccm) for 150 bath/day (about 3 Eur).

1 Like

Nice sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience in Myanmar going by train; the story you describe sounds very adventurous! I haven’t visited Myanmar before; now you’ve awoken that curiosity in me to do so once the borders reopen.

What I meant is 20 baht = 0.60 USD, in other words 60 cents. So it seems to have stayed somewhat similar compared to 11 years ago. :slight_smile:

Yes, i can recommend visiting Myanmar - at the moment its a difficult situation. Its a bit different from thailand, the temples look a bit different and its even cheaper. You could eat lunch at the market for less than 0,5 Eur incl. drink (just water of course) and you can have a real first class dinner in the best restaurant around kanda-wagi lake with waitress in black suits and a table full of really delicous food for money you would pay at McDonals for 2 Burgers :wink: We had a real huge fish with lots of side dishes and drinks - more than we could manage - and at the end paid around 8 Eur!
Don’t miss the Inle lake and its islands - you probably will meet some tourists there :wink:
For money exchange go to the Sule Pagoda in Yangon for black market exchange. Some dealers will ask you if you want to change money but be careful: they cheat as much and tricky as they can. But anyway the rates are far better than the official ones :wink:

1 Like

What!! That’s really cheap, right now here you can get 4 burgers (obviously local) , and almost a plate of noodles for that much. I thought India has the most affordable food of all, but my guess was wrong.

But its 14 or 15 years ago…

1 Like

Do you use a gimbal? Nice video btw.

1 Like

I remember this happened to me in Bali, they first counted the note in front of you and showed that it’s the correct amount, but with the excuse of arranging the notes, they try to fall the notes on their lap so they could have a big profit. And they even refuse to remember you next day when you finally noticed the cheat. I remember I got 1.5 million Indonesian Rupiah instead of 2.2 million. (if million sounds too high, then 2.2 million Indonesian Rupiah is just 160 USD)

They are very skilled with their hands.

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions and great tips @RilosVideos ! Looking forward to Myanmar one of these days :-).

Thanks @Sheep ! I use a gimbal for the selfie shots, as well as for the thoughts where I am walking (for example walking through the train). I use the DJI Osmo Mobile together with an iPhone. And for the more stationary shots (e.g. train arriving, interior of cabin), I just use the iPhone by hand.

Thank you for the video! Other video programs are too much for me and only have an I 5 with 8 gigs of ram for RV travels and making videos on the road.

1 Like

Does Shotcut run smoothly on your system, even when working with large projects?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.