Creating your own water mark

Hi all,

Is there a way to create your own water mark? I have a saved image that I want to use as a logo, which I want to have constantly shown in the bottom corner, regardless of what video I have playing. Is this possible?

Hi @HELLFIRE

If you want to use only Shotcut, you can drag your image into a track above all the other tracks in your project, and extend it over all the clips in the timeline…

Then you add a Size, Position and Rotate filter to resize and move your image to the bottom corner. You can also add an Opacity filter, to make the image translucent.

But if you know how to use Photoshop of Gimp, you can already create a PNG image the size of your projects (example 1920 x 1080) and with a transparent background. Add your logo to the bottom corner of the PNG, give it some transparency if you want, and save it on your hard drive.

With this method, you won’t have to add the SP&R and Opacity filters each time you want to add the watermark image in your projects.

1 Like

@MusicalBox

With this method, you won’t have to add the SP&R and Opacity filters each time you want to add the watermark image in your projects.

I didn’t know how to add a logo without using a filter.

• Now, I know. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much.

1 Like

You’re welcome @Ertan

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.