Create video sequence from .jpg images

I am a Shotcut user and I have been trying to create videos using my high quality images. I normally have about 4 to 5 images and create a video that is about a minute in duration. Basically, the video creation does work. However, I am looking for a bit more flexibility here.

1. I use the Size/position filter and there are several options within this as presets. I found that using ‘Slow zoom in’ or ‘Slow zoom out’ and ensuring that the right part of the image gets rendered is the only good use of this. I use keyframes along with those two presets.

2. Using pan left or pan right has limitations as you may pan out of the image and the rendering does not look natural.

3. There are combinations such as 'Slow zoom in and pan left '. These options are hard to control.

Is there a better way to render a video of a few photos other than "slow zoom in/out’?

You might want to try using Keyframes.

Thanks. I did learn how to use keyframes using this video. However, as the video shows, for still images, only the ‘Size and Position’ filter is used and I found that only two presets are useful. Here is a scenario that I want to present and I would appreciate if you can help with this.

1. Let’s say that I have 5 images of lakes and its surroundings with the same type of lighting
  2. I want to pan and zoom through the 1st image and leave the end of the operation at the edge of the water
  3. I now want to seamlessly begin at the second image at the edge of the water and zoom into the second image and leave it at the edge of a mountain
  4. I want next to start off at a mountain in the third image and trace it back to the edge of the water

I am sure you’ll get the idea.

Just did 9000 PNGs on OSX. It worked seamlessly and immediately. Great work devs.

Put together this video of two sequences of 692 and 961 jpg 4000x3000px in Windows10 using Shotcut version 19.02.28

During the making I discovered there were problems with the image sequence itself — the camera ran out of power and time metadata was written erroneously to some images. Until I realised that and manually deleted the out of sequence images there was unviewable judder in the rising moon while the rest of the background remained still.

Also MakeAVI produced marked banding around the highlights and the resultant avi file was huge (3.6gb).

A short clip is as below