Crashes everytime i use text :html , Simple scroll

What is your operating system?
microsoft windows 7

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Shotcut version 20.04.12 32bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

i want to place a news ticker like text effect in my video.
everytime i place
Text: HTML
Simple scroll
i enter the text in html pop up window and save it, and as soon as i click on my timeline , it crashes and i open it again and repeat the process and crashes again. done almost 27 times till now.

kindly help

On 32 bit you are probably running out of memory. Try adding it in a new project that contains only one clip. If it works you can export that and then bring the result into your main project.

same steps repeated while following your recommendations, the end result is same, it crashed the moment i selected direction from “UP” to “RIGHT”
What to do?
should i wait to use this filter till i upgrade my system in future?

Thankyou so much for your prompt response.

This filter is being removed in the version after next. There will be something new, not quite as powerful, and not sure about the scrolling capabilities yet. In the meantime, you can use Text: Simple with keyframes. Simple keyframes will work fine for that.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.