What is your operating system?
What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
- Attempt to open a file encoded with a variable frame rate. Observe the warning about working with variable framerates.
- Choose to convert using the default settings (MOV).
- Open the converted clip outside of Shotcut (I used VLC Media Player). Observe that the audio behaves as expected.
- Open the converted clip inside Shotcut. Observe that audio playback is stuttery.
- Render the clip to an MP4 [default settings] (you can edit it if you want, but this isn’t necessary for the bug to occur).
- Open the rendered clip outside of Shotcut. Observe that similar stuttering is occurring to that when playing back the converted clip in Shotcut.
Converting the variable framerate clips to an MP4 (low-quality setting) avoids the issue, presumably at the cost of quality.
- conversion log
- render log
- variable framerate video
- converted video
- video rendered from converted file
Available in shared folder: https://mega.nz/folder/jNEiHAyY#9RHfCIcTcQHPzOatAX6XjA