CPU usage up to 99% and above

Hello there, I’ve just joined this forum. :slight_smile:

Whenever I render a video my cpu usage goes up to 99%, is that normal? I’ve a decent amount of time rendering the file depending on the length of the video so no issues there, my biggest concern is just this CPU usage, isn’t that a little too much just for rendering? Specially when I’m converting files just to make YouTube happy?

And because of this higher CPU usage the desktop case gets noisier, even noisier than when I’m playing and recording/streaming games which means doing that requires less CPU usage than just redering the recorded video itself. I record some gameplay footage and use shotcut to edit that video (cut loading, deaths…) no additional filters, tracks or anything… Just that single edited video tack.

I don’t know much about computers that’s why I’m asking. In case something is missing please let me know, my computer specifications below.

My rig:
i7-6700k CPU @ 4.00GHz
Nvidia GTX 1070
W10 Pro 64bit
16Gb RAM
1920 x 1080, 60Hz

250 Gb SSD (Shotcut + W10)
3Tb HDD (where I’m exporting the rendered file)

High CPU usage when exporting is normal and a good thing. You want it to go as fast as possible. Some people complain if it does not use all their CPUs.