Copy Filters Broken - v23.05.14

Hi,

Love the new update, been using shotcut for years. However, when I try to copy filters a window pops up that I can’t select - it’s a blank white window. “Copy checked filters”.

To recreate add filters to a scene and click “copy filters” and you should see it.

RAM: 64GB
Processor: 13th gen i9 24 core
Video Card: Nvidia 4070 12GB

Respectfully,
Christopher Kaelin

I do not get a blank white window, but it is intentional that there is a dialog now. I am using NVIDIA GeForce 3060 on Windows 11. You might have a bad install. Download the portable and extract it in a separate folder from Program Files. Then, double-click shotcut.exe to run it and see if the problem still occurs.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll try that!

I’ll let you know :slight_smile:

Ok, it does it there too.

The workaround I found is not to click on it when I have the window maximized.

Can you maximize the window and then try to copy them and see if it does it for you too?

Otherwise, I’ll just stick to the workaround :slight_smile:

Respectfully,
Christopher Kaelin

1 Like

No, I just tested that, and I did not have the problem whether maximized or View > Full Screen with or without GPU Effects enabled. But if enough people report a problem, and even though I probably cannot fix it, I can make it so the dialog is not shown when maximized. Another workaround might be to simply press Enter since that triggers the default OK button.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for looking into it.

The UI changes have been great btw overall, it’s much more responsive and fluid feeling.

Thanks again,
Christopher Kaelin

I have an intermittent similar issue where the copy filters window sometimes appears to the very edge of the Monitor (half outside of visible area) and sometimes it just appears somewhere behind the main Shotcut window but can’t select it (I see in the taskbar that there are 2 windows and one of them is flashing).

My workaround is to just press enter on the keyboard (or esc to cancel the copy). It seems the new dialogue, altough not visible it has focus and keyboard works on it.

I mention that this happens sometimes because most of the time it shows up ok, centered on screen, and I haven’t noticed any particular pattern which makes it bug out.

(using windows 10 x64, 1 monitor setup).

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Trying to copy a Gain/Volume filter I just get a white pop up window titled “copy filters”. Making the window smaller than fullscreen also fixes it for me. And once I get it copied, I can go back to fullscreen and the paste function works fine.
Windows 10 Home
Intel i5-9400F 2.90GHz
16GB RAM
1660 Super GPU
1080p monitors set at 60hz refresh
Newest version of shotcut available on this site, just reinstalled it to make sure.

Newest version does not show a dialog when copying filters:

• Added a button in Filters to save a filter set and change the Copy checked filters button to not show a dialog.

This worked for me, thanks!