Consistently failing export for a specified settings

Dear team,

My os is windows 10 , my system specs exceeds shotcut min specs needed
this is not a system poblem because same problem i am facing in 2 different system

steps to reproduce

1. use the settings specified in attachment
  2. export the file
    actual
  3. Export fail in middle
    expected
    export to success or give user friendly guided message

MLT XML.mlt (6.5 KB)
View log.txt (505 Bytes)

What is your operating system?
(If you are using Linux, you must state how you installed Shotcut as there are too many builds and packages. In general, we do not make the build installed by your distribution package manager unless it installs the Snap. The developers only build, test, run, and support the builds shown on our download page.)

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

This is not a bug; you are doing it wrong by not using the appropriate preset (HEVC Main Profile) and trying to use advanced mode and not knowing what you are doing. The log tells you directly

x265 [error]: unknown profile
[libx265 @ 00000200b0313c00] Invalid or incompatible profile set: high.

Respectfully my POV is

I may not be knowing …but when I select assuming invalid setting the editor should validate if setting are not acceptable if so give a guided message vs execution and failing in run time .

1 Like

There’s over 50 encoders available to choose from, adding checks for all posibilities for all of them would be madness. The solution is the presets and basic mode, if you need something more advanced… well you go into advanced mode with a bit of open mind and possibility of failure.

2 Likes

totally agreed on this . Thanks for the advice and direction on this issue .