Color saturation

You can enhance one color in the frame with the rotoscope filter. It requires a lot of work if the image is complex.

Hello, indeed there is an open source implementation of this with no isolation via selection or masking needed, in rawtherapee under the color tab is the (hsv equalizer) hue/saturation/value control panel and there are color vertical(with horizontal gradual color picker) sliders; bringing down the desired color will progressive desaturate this specific choice and no affect the others; on the other side, bringing up the slider will increase the saturation of this specific color. (darkroom which is also open source implements this feature in a similar fashion way). I think the most important part of this implementation vs the gimp technique is the hability to desaturate one specific color in the whole image/frame without select or mask anything.

*Excuse me for my bad english in advance; im from Mexico.

The higlighted area in the image is the hue control(replace one color with another) the second area is the important one (saturation) for this topic

1 Like

And this would port to and work in the same way in an NLE?

Thanks for pointing that one out. I was not aware of it. It is helpful to see how other programs have implemented the GUI for this type of feature.

1 Like

I might have to give rawtherapee another go that looks fantastic from a UI standpoint