Color correction - Histogram

Is there a chance that in a short time the histogram will be added to the color correction so that you can better match the colors by seeing exactly what happens in the histogram?

See item 22 in the Roadmap

https://www.shotcut.org/roadmap/

Ok, thank you, I’m just getting to know the forum. These are the assumptions for the next update or an uncertain future?

No, a roadmap is a list of short term and long term goals in a prioritized list which may change at any time.

For the color histogram specifically, there are some technical hurdles that are difficult to overcome. I’m confident that it won’t be released in the next 6 months.

“Quick Tasks To Do” are problems that will probably be done faster or the top list is more prioritized? I am glad that the features I wrote about are in the plans :slight_smile:

Is it the same technical hurdles for implementation RGB parade and vectorscope or it can be released faster than histogram?

Unfortunately, yes, it is the same technical hurdle :frowning:

What is the use of a histogram? I’ve used professional RGB parade scopes and vectorscopes but not a histogram per se.

Sorry to bother you again, but is there any new information once the color correction functions are going to land in official release? 1H2019 is any reasonable target?

It is not possible to predict. There are no code contributors who work against a timeline. There is a waveform scope now. So that is something to be thankful for.

It’s a pity