Color Adjustments / Corrections

Hello,

This is not my idea, I saw it on a friend’s video editing program.
When selecting the color adjustment button, it opens a small window / table with these filters:
White balance
Brightness
Contrast
Saturation
Highlights
Gamma
Shadows
Hue
Temperature
Tint
Each one with a slider and at the end of the slider small window showing the amount of filter applied.
Most of the filters above are in “ShotCut” one by one alfabetically.
Sometimes when dealing with color corrections on a video clip / movie, there is a need to use more then one filter, then start seaching for the other.
Why not put them all together on one table ?
Sorry, cannot mention name of that program.
By the way, takes long time to open ShotCut first time of the day.
All the best
Motim

ShotCut 231215.
Win 10 pro, 19045.3930, 22H2 x64

They are together on a quick and easy one-click-to-access-it panel.

Ok, I lied. This doesn’t exist. I just made a Filter Set with all the color correction filters I could find :wink:
But isn’t that almost as good as a looong unified color panel that needs to be scrolled to find the setting you want to adjust? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Filter Set in Favorites, which groups together color correction filters, is an excellent idea.
Thanks @MusicalBox, I’ve adopted it. :+1:

Excellente idée ce Filter Set placé dans les Favoris, qui regroupe les filtres de correction couleur.
Merci @MusicalBox, j’adopte.
:+1:

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for the answer.
Watched the short video clip, but where is that filter set, and how to install it ? Link please.
Thanks
Motim

You create it yourself.

• Add any filter(s) you want in the filters panel list

• Click on the Save a filter set button
    CeGjrkNG3I

• Give a name to your filter set and click OK
    GXrDxeQJvi

• Your new filter set will be accessible in Filters > Set
    Click on the asterisk icon to add it to your favorites
    tehLXZnwFk

2 Likes

Hello,
Many Thanks for the nice explanatin,
Regards
Motim

Programs that have one long list of parameters in categories like you describe lack the flexibility to have multiple of the same filter or change the order of operations, which does matter.

1 Like

Creating a color correction filter set is an amazing idea! I’m stealing this for my process

1 Like