Clicking an area on video or audio track doesn't snap the playhead to the cursor's position anymore

Hi Forum-goers, I have an issue with Shotcut where it used to be I was able to click on an area in a video track and the playhead would snap to where I clicked. This was very helpful for editing and saved a bit of time for me. However, just now, I open up Shotcut to edit a new project and now whenever I click on the track, my playhead doesn’t snap to it and instead, I can pan the tracks around in a weird motion of sorts. I have not updated my Shotcut since this issue has occurred and this has never happened to me as well. I have also opened up a previous project where I was able to click anywhere and it seems that this issue is program-wide and not project-wide. Any help on how to fix this potential bug would be appreciated! Video evidence will be shown.

You position the play-head by clicking in the black area above the tracks. Does this answer your query?

I know that, but you can also click the video and the playhead will snap there as well. The issue rabndomly resolved itself today and now it’s doing it again. :confused:

How strange, that has never happened for me! Clicking inside a clip just selects the clip. If I double-click in the clip it does move the play-head, but only to the beginning of the clip. :confused:

If I can replicate what I am talkig about, I’ll gladly show video proof as evidence that I’m not crazy, haha. Expect this reply to be updated.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.