Cinematic Ink Transition Tutorial on Shotcut - Free Transitions Included

8 Likes

As simple as that :slight_smile: Another great tutorial Ben.
By the way, where do you find all those cute models ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The reason you need to use invert is because the black and white values are inverted in the wipe video file you are using from Shotcut/MLT’s perspective. There are not hard rules about which clip white represents vs. black.

1 Like

Thank you! I have a bunch of supermodels in my basement. That’s why they’re so excited when I let them out…

4 Likes

So by default, negative space represents clear. Got it

Examples

1 Like

Hey @bentacular, just got to watch this. Very nice and informative as usual and well explained in steady steps. :+1: I’m now itching to make some more SC tutorials!!! Just have to find some spare time somewhere … :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thank you! We’re all waiting for your next masterpiece!

1 Like

One day!!! Just doing a few more flute videos then I’ll get on to it!

1 Like

PS can I have your ink transitions please? !! :star_struck: I’ve liked your video! Could you PM me the pack? I’m going to use lots of ink spills on my next flute video…

1 Like

This will sound gross to everyone else, but flute/brass/wind players will totally understand…

An ink spill transition could easily look like a spit puddle transition to a musical audience… just saying. :rofl: No shame, every wind instrument does it.

2 Likes

LOL! When I played in orchestras, I was usually sat in front of the trombone section. They have a little valve on their slides to let the spit out. I can’t tell you how many times it ended up going down my neck… ! :unamused:

1 Like

It’s always the trombones. The PTSD is kicking in now, lol. I played clarinet in classical orchestras, and also did freelance jazz work. On one gig, I was playing in a pit orchestra for an Easter pageant with live animals walking around. A camel near the edge of the stage spit in the ear of one of the trombone players. I thought to myself, “Now you know what it feels like”. But overall, I like the trombones. They know how to have more fun than any other instrument in the group. I have seen multiple trombone players keep rubber chickens in their instrument cases. No idea why.

1 Like

LOL! That camel story is funny! I never knew you were a trained clarinettist, @austin!

I agree about trombonists (and brass players in general) being good at having fun! In my experience it’s not so much rubber chickens in their instrument cases, though - but rather … cans of lager !! :rofl:

Cool! Thanks man! :grinning:

1 Like