Changing transitions between jpegs

I figured out how to insert many jpegs from youtube and the forum. What I would like to do is change the transition between the jpegs from a cut to a crossfade. Can that be done? And if so, how do I do it?

W

Yes it can be done.
Watch this, it’ll help you do it.

Apparently I was not clear. I understand how to change transitions between video clips or video clips and stills or stills that I load individually. I am asking about when I load a series of stills, 200+, checking Image Sequence, and it loads all the stills and nits them together into one video clip without breaks. Therefore I can not use the example you sent unless I identify the end of each still and “Split” it from the next. That seems labor intensive. Or I just load each still individually. Is there an automated way to do that process?

I am coming from MS Movie maker that made this process very easy.

Windows 10

Shotcut version 19.02.28

Thanks for your response,

NewbyEditor

You were not.:slightly_smiling_face:

When you create an image sequence all the stills will be assembled into a single video. You can specify the number of frames when creating the sequence, but you will need to split the images manually.

You can drop the folder containing the images into the playlist. That will add all the stills in the folder to the playlist. Then you can use Add All to time line and create the slideshow.

You will have to create the transitions between each clip manually. Shotcut doesn’t have a slideshow generator yet.

Sauron,

Thanks for the answers.

N.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.