Changing Speed above certain amount causes crash

I have a Windows 10 64 bit desktop with an AMD Ryzen 7 2700 eight-core 3.2 ghz processor

I’m using the 64 bit Shotcut version 20.10.31

When clicking on a video track and changing the speed via the properties tab, anything above 24.1x speed will immediately crash the program. It wasn’t crashing at lower speeds so I used the arrows to check at exactly what point it was crashing. 24.2x speed is where it starts happening.

Something similar was reported the day before yesterday. Please observe the forum’s suggested similar posts when composing a post.

Did you turn on Pitch Compensation? If so, see my comment about fix for the next version:

If no pitch compensation, then I am afraid I am unable to reproduce it and will need your file.

I’m not using pitch compensation, here’s the file: 2ujk.mlt (6.4 KB)

I would need the media file, not the project file. Please be aware that variable frame rate cannot be supported. However, it would be nice to not crash on that. When you look in Properties on the clip whose speed you are trying to change, what is the frame rate? And does it say “variable” after it (variable is not reliably detected without scanning the entire file when you open it, which it does not, only several frames).

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.