Certain splitting combinations cause the exported audio to be deformed

What is your operating system?

macOS Catalina (10.15.7)

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

21.10.31 64bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

Certain combinations of splits cause deformations in the exported audio. No movement or other editing required. Just splits in certain places will trigger the issue. Most of the time this doesn’t happen, so it takes some tries to intentionally reproduce the bug. In the attached example I made random cuts in the audio until the bug was triggered. The distortion happens about 8-10 frames in (around the beginning of the audio) and 1 second and 4 frames in (around the first cut). Along with the project I’m attaching the audio before and after splitting and logs.
sample.zip (1.7 MB)

Duplicate of other posts already about artifacts around edit points with FLAC files.

so it only happens with flac files? Is a fix being worked on? Sorry about the duplicate btw, guess Google missed the posts (should’ve probably searched in here again)

I am not working on it. Maybe someone else is. Can you?

I wish I could. May I ask, does the problem affect other lossless audio formats or just flac? I could switch to another format until a fix is available.

Based on my experience, it is just raw .flac files. Any other audio format is good. It would also be interesting to try flac in MKV container. I think that might work.

I believe some of the other threads on this issue including a recent one found a problem with FLAC also in Matroska. WAV, PCM in mov or matroska, and ALAC/mov are lossless and ought to be good.

switching to wav works for me, thank you