Can't enter numeric values in filter panel v21.01.29

What is your operating system?
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
v21.01.29 64bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

When adding audio filters to a clip, I cannot edit the numeric values for frequency, bandwidth etc. The cursor will not backspace to allow me to enter values from the keyboard. I’ve tried this with several audio filters to no avail. Previous version of shotcut was o.k.

It is working for me, but it can be tricky because the minimum value for some of these fields is 5. So, if you start backspacing, backspace stops working to let you clear it because 1 is too low. Then, if you select the text using the keyboard and press Backspace to clear it, you will have trouble to enter some digits 1-4 because, again, the value is too low. So, it is tricky but not impossible. You can use up/down keys and mouse wheel as well.
@brian can you take a look at this?

I see what you mean. The up/down keys and mouse wheel work o.k. within the limits of field values.

1 Like

I agree the field is too aggressive in rejecting out of bounds values. I made a change for the next release that is less aggressive and will revert to a valid value if the user leaves focus with an invalid value in the field. This change more closely resembles the previous behavior.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.