Can you mix 2 videos into 1 by using layers?

I have issues when I do a screen recording and I include my webcam as a layer of the video.
My GPU seems to be not good enough for fluid recording, so I need to lighten the work on my PC.

Maybe I can make 2 separate videos, one that is merely screen recording without a webcam, and record me on a separate video. Then mix the 2 videos into one.

Can I do that with Shotcut? Maybe through some kind of layering system so that each video plays in a separate layer within the same film?

Is that doable?
Any tutorial?
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

Yes you can you’d bring each video in as it’s own track and then adjust the size of the “top” video using the size and position filter.

isn’t exactly what you’re doing but should help get you there.
1 Like

WOW that was quick! Thank you so much man!!!

Hey D_S I’ve done the mixing and it works great.
I just think that after doing all the cuttings, coordinating the two videos is going to take away a lot of time…
Do you know if there is any feature that will make this easier, or do you have any tip that can help when getting the different sections on one track to start at the very right spot, coordinated with the ones on the other track?

Yes, you can do it. Just bring each video in as its own track and then adjust the size of the “top” video using the size and position filter.

You can use the new grid feature in the latest version:

Also, in the Size and Position filter you can save one filter’s settings as a preset and use that in other filters of the same type.

1 Like

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.