one way to term this difference is “curves vs. without-curves”
There might be something else that can trigger it also because right at the start of my demo I try to deselect the first clip I put on the timeline and it wouldn’t deselect. Still, it’s been a consistent pattern that every time I add a new video track this multi-select bug happens. Here is a 2nd demo that shows how adding new tracks above already existing ones that have clips on them can multi-select all the tracks below.
Thanks. I’ll look into it.
Now another issue:
11) The audio in the player is out of sync. I made a demo to highlight this. I first show the original clip then follow it up with how it compares to it being played in Shotcut. Note the moment when the acorn lands on the bird’s head. In the Shotcut player, the sound of the hit comes in a little later than it should: https://streamable.com/9x5dh
It doesn’t seem to affect the export though. However, this does make it difficult to do precise audio and video syncing. The file I used is the 4K 60fps upload of the Big Buck Bunny short. I’ve noticed this issue also with 1080p videos.
12) Add the Choppy, Stabilize, Rutt-Etra-Izer or Text: HTML filter to a video. Add a transparent clip above it. Set the Preview Scaling to 360p or 540p. Have the playhead pass through the section with transparent clip. Shotcut will crash. If you have the Preview Scaling to 720p Shotcut will not crash but instead of the text appearing there will be a visual glitch.
13) The Cut option in Transitions is broken. This issue seems to be related to bug #3 in this thread’s report which hasn’t been addressed yet. Now I have discovered that you can’t even save a Cut transition in a project. If you do try to save the project with Cut chosen:
then reopen the project file, the selected transition will be as a custom transition:
14) If you change the type of transition on a transition clip Shotcut won’t note that with an asterisk as a change that needs to be saved.
15) The animation in Simple Keyframes from the drag handle doesn’t start until two frames after. When going from the trim handles in Simple Keyframes, the animation starts one frame after. However, when going from the drag handles, the animation doesn’t start until two frames after the drag handle. In this demo, I start by showing the animation from the trim handle and how it starts one frame after then show how it takes two frames from the drag handle until the animation starts.
16) Changing the size of the track heights in the keyframes timeline doesn’t move in smaller steps like it does now in the main timeline. Demo.
17) In a fresh timeline, add a video clip then add a text clip above that video track. After dropping the text clip into the timeline the playhead will seek to the end. Demo.
18) Add the Trails filter to a video clip. Put a text clip above that video clip. When the playhead gets to the start and end of the text clip, the Trails filter will stop working. Demo: https://streamable.com/j4upv
This crash is fixed for the next version, but by disabling compositing when a filter does not support preview scaling (those you mentioned). I am trying to find a way to restore composting but no solution yet.
UPDATE: I made another fix to restore the compositing as well, which it will do at preview scaling resolution.
13 ) The Cut option in Transitions is broken. …you can’t even save a Cut…
14 ) If you change the type of transition on a transition clip Shotcut won’t note that with an asterisk as a change that needs to be saved.
are all fixed for the next version.
Keyframes panel mouse wheel behavior is now updated to be like Timeline for the next version.
17 ) In a fresh timeline, add a video clip then add a text clip above that video track. After dropping the text clip into the timeline the playhead will seek to the end.
This one is already fixed by the recent change related to not treating every video refresh as a current time position change.
This is fixed for next version.
I tested this fix and I am confused. I add the Choppy filter and the whole Preview Scaling is disabled. But when the playhead passes a point where right above it is a transparent clip the Preview Scaling is activated while the Choppy filter is still running. Then when the transparent clip ends the Preview Scaling is disabled again.
Why limit the Preview Scaling when it’s under a transparent clip? If it can handle it when it’s under a transparent clip doesn’t that mean it can handle it all the time?
When track blending is required, each track input to the blender must be the same size. Therefore, with filters that are incompatible with preview scaling, it still processes the filter at full project resolution and then must do an additional downscale to make it match. This is not ideal, but the blend component has no insight into whether some other component supports preview scaling, and it is better than upscaling the other input that is already at preview scale.
If it can handle it when it’s under a transparent clip doesn’t that mean it can handle it all the time?
Yes, but then it would add the overhead of additional scaling all of the time an incompatible filter is on the clip, which is counter the goal of preview scaling.
19) I tried applying the Crop: Source filter with an image that has a resolution of 975x808 and Shotcut crashed. Here’s an image with that same resolution to test out.
20) There is an issue with certain kinds of images when working with the Fit mode in Size and Position and using Preview Scaling. The size keeps changing in all Preview Scaling modes. Here is a demo.
And here is the image I was using in that demo to test out:
21) Creating transition clips by stretching one clip onto another will eat away at the footage of the second clip when the transition clip is undone by pulling back the transition. In this demo I have the second clip I am going to make the transition clip start after the 30 second mark. I keep creating and undoing the transition clip and by the end the second clip ends up before the 30 second mark. I did the demo with the main clip being on the right and the second clip on the left but the issue still exists if the clips are vice versa.
22) In the Fill mode in Size and Position, manually changing one of the values in Size will not automatically modify the image. The rectangle control will but the image will not follow unless you touch the rectangle control. Demo.
23) gifs are not being accepted in Shotcut. If you try to bring in a gif Shotcut will crash.
I prefer that you not keep adding to a list like this. It is no longer tracking version correctly but makes tracking and following difficult. I prefer a separate post for every item except in a beta thread.
I just found this as well when looking into Bug with Crop: Source. I will track it there.
23 ) gifs are not being accepted in Shotcut. If you try to bring in a gif Shotcut will crash.
This is a new bug in version 20.04 on Windows with animated GIF. You can workaround this today by removing
Shotcut\lib\mlt\libmltgdk.dll from your installation. It is high priority, and as a last resort I can simply remove that unnecessary module in the Windows build.
I was only adding to this list because some items here weren’t addressed yet and this topic has a time limit on when it will close after the last reply. I don’t know if removing that time limit on all bug report threads is fine for you but it would make sense for tracking purposes.
I have no problem making separate threads for each bug but if I find several in a short amount of time like more than 5 is it fine with you that I post those several issues in the first post with the version number as the title of that thread like I’ve done before? This to avoid cluttering the message board.
This is fixed for the next release.
this topic has a time limit on when it will close after the last reply
Do not worry about this. I or Brian can always reply even after closed or reopen if we want. All posts in this category are not tracked like a full-on bug tracker. If that is what you want use GitHub. For here, I bookmark topics that I want to come back to. There is no guarantee that I or any group of people can track every post in an active forum to ensure things are categorized correctly, followed up, marked solved, closed, etc.
Bug reports from many users often require further qualification because of either user error or missing steps to reproduce. This forum is a good place to qualify those reports. @DRM your bug reports are usually high quality and reproducible. The github bug tracker might be better suited for your bug reports. It would also provide place for easy follow up if an issue has not seen attention for a while.
This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.