Bug Report v19.10.20

Before anything, there are two types of Advanced Keyframes: One where the keyframes just move left and right and the other where there is a graph that allows the keyframes to move up and down as well . What are the names of those two different types of Advanced Keyframes?

1. In Advanced Keyframes, when the keyframe timeline is zoomed in the seeking is inaccurate after the keyframes are moved. Also, they stutter as they are being moved around. This happens with both types of Advanced Keyframes. Demo

2. When you have an Advanced Keyframe selected and you manually move it up and down, the value in its parameter does not update along with the up and down keyframe movement. Demo

3. Make a transition clip. Change the transition from Dissolve to Cut. Then from Cut go back to Dissolve. Then once again go from Dissolve to Cut. The Cut selection will be ignored and instead will stay at Dissolve. You won’t be able to choose Cut again. Here’s a demo.

4. Clips that are overwritten by a clip that is made longer by speed change don’t get undone. In this demo, I show the very first frames of the clip I will overwrite to show what the first frames should be. I bring to the timeline the clip that I will overwrite with. I made that clip longer which then overwrites the first clip. I then undo those actions so that it’s before the second clip is brought down and I show that the first frames are not what they originally were.

5. In Text: HTML, selections for font size, font name, background color, text outline and text shadow are not remembered by the parameters in the HTML Editor. So if you make a selection or enter a value then go back to that parameter make a change, the values that come up in the windows are their defaults rather than what was last set. Instead of this, there should be a default button in each of those parameters.

6. In Text: HTML, the menu to select colors doesn’t have a parameter for alpha channel. Therefore, if you pick for example a background color but then decide to make the background color transparent again, it seems there is no way to revert back to full transparency.

7. In Text: HTML, if you add a text shadow to a text then hit the delete or backspace key to bring the text up, the text shadow will be removed. Demo.

8. If you are on the Source tab to add filters to a clip on the playlist then switch to the Project tab and try to add a filter to a clip on the timeline by hitting Enter on the keyboard, the focus switches from Project to Source rather than staying on the Project tab.

Sorry but I do not plan to address most of these. Some of the ones related to the HTML editor are nearly impossible due to technology limitations. I have a full slate for the next release already and then moving on to bigger things in the engine. Maybe someone else will volunteer.

Just bookmark this thread and return to the ones you can’t do now when you can.

I will.

Okay. Until then, what are the names of those two different types of Advanced Keyframes? :slightly_smiling_face:

There are no two different kinds - only simple or full/advanced.

Type 1:

Type 2:

one way to term this difference is “curves vs. without-curves”