Bug - different position of Rotate and Scale when instaling 20.10.32

What is your operating system? Linux Ubuntu 18.10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit? 20.10.32 64bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
Hi, I have old projects where I use Rotate and Scale filter. However after installing 20.10.32 version of Shotcut (more precisely I was forced to install it due to automatic snap upgrade :P), I noticed one thing. When I open the previous project, the clips using Rotate and Scale (old filter) have the video in different position in the screen (ex. previously this part was in the top right corner and now it’s shifted by some pixels right and top). I’m guessing either there is some kind of shift when using X offset and Y offset, either there is some kind of different size fit, vertical fit, horizontal fit settings (Rotate and Scale filter doesn’t have these 3 parameters but I’m guessing perhaps the new filter Size, Position&Rotate is incorrectly used to simulate the old Rotate and Scale). I mean that old parameters of old Rotate and Scale filter are not backward compatible with the version of Rotate and Scale filter used in 20.10.32 version. In result when exporting film from 20.10.32 version, I’m not getting the same film as in the old version… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Yes, unfortunately, this is probably the case. This filter had to change to fix a bug with quality of image interpolation with the engine’s affine filter, which powers all of Rotate & Scale, Size & Position, and the combined Size, Position & Rotate. I have no plans to work on this.

:frowning: That’s really a pity as it’s like having a program in Java for controlling your aquarium. It works fine during many ages controlling water temperature. Suddenly one day you install new version of Java compiler and without touching the code itself but just compiling in new Java it kills all fishes as something is not backward compatible. :frowning: It’s disappointing. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.