Bottled In Bond

Here is my second video made with Shotcut. I did experience some small problems (like one text: rich panel that simply refused to stop showing a black shadow and for some reason also produced a black area where the text outline was, but I got rid of it by making the box smaller. Weird!

Anyway, for those who don’t know, “Bottled In Bond” is a legal designation for some Kentucky bourbons, kind of like the French Appellation Controlée. So it’s a bit of an in-joke by the time you finish the video. There’s more on the song in the YouTube description.

This music is a bit more in line with what I normally do than my first video, but honestly, my stuff is all over the map; it does make for interesting opportunities for video, though!

Bottled In Bond

And last but hardly least, thanks to everybody who has kindly helped with answers to my beginner questions about Shotcut, which I mentioned in the YT video description.

Cheers

4 Likes

Great work, @Tyrannocaster - lovely gut playing and audio mix. Nice Warmoth Stratocaster! You made it?? (There you go, I watched until the end… !) :+1:

1 Like

Well, to the extent that you can say one “makes” a guitar when he uses Warmoth parts, I did. The body and neck were unfinished and I used good ol’ nasty nitrocellulose lacquer on both of them, plus I used an oak dye on the neck which really replicated an aged neck color well. I didn’t use spray for the body except for the clear nitro; I actually used oil paint (applied by rag) for the sunburst because I didn’t think I could blend a burst with spray, having no experience doing that. I also did a Tele at the same time and those are still my favorite guitars; both have MONSTER necks and the biggest frets I could get - which make timid guitarists quake, lol. Warmoth makes great stuff.

Thanks for watching!

1 Like

Wonderful stuff! Thanks for the explanations!!

1 Like