Blender complementing with Shotcut

Hi …
Just for sharing …
Taking the cue from Shotcut @leader using Blender as a potential tool for animation.
This video clip is my first attempt to put a video clip with transparent background (created using SC) within a Blender scene setup in a snowy environment with simple rigged character - Jason the Alien Law Enforcer :slight_smile: .

Blender has announced that their vision of their own video editing module (Sequence Editor) will not be enhanced to be a replacement of any other video editor out there. It will remain to be enhanced to support 3D video making

Thus I see SC in the long run, as an excellent free video editor choice going hand in hand with Blender as the eminent 3D animating tool. Both are tools are committed to remain free … opensource.

Here’s my simple little video for my own recording …

1 Like

Interesting approach! Last week I was working on a Blender scene that motion tracked a Shotcut video in the background and then rendered objects as a foreground overlay. Basically, the exact opposite approach as this. But I hadn’t even thought about using Shotcut video as the foreground instead of the background, which could be a lot quicker and easier on some scenes. Thanks for the idea!

Hi @Austin,

Good to know you like this “foreground” approach which I agree only good for some scenarios video making.
Your approach … what I think they called it 3D VFX effects with motion tracking is something I tried but have yet to polish it. Also it involves making video with good open scene which I don’t have …
It is my one of my next to do items in video making lol (my todo list is still long) …

There’s so much to learn in Blender … and I thought I need to polish up some of the basics before taking myself into 3D VFX (I learn a little from an online tutorial on this … ).
An example of mine …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.