Bigsh0t plugins on linux

I’m interested in running bigsh0t plugins on ubuntu 18.04 with shotcut installed out of the snap repositories.

Cloning the repository at https://bitbucket.org/leo_sutic/bigsh0t/src/master/ and compiling them on ubuntu 18.04 was fairly easy.

Now I don’t know where to put the resulting files under lib/ and shotcut/share.

My variant of shotcut comes out of the snap respository. It’s files are quite isolated, located under /snap/shotcut/59/Shotcut.app/ where everything is a readonly sqashfs-mount.
So I can’t simply copy or symlink stuff to /snap/shotcut/59/Shotcut.app/lib or /snap/shotcut/59/Shotcut.app/share because of the readonly nature of that location.

Is there some other place where shotcut on linux might look for its files and plugins, like ~/.local/ or ~/.config?

I already tried ~/.local/ with no success.

I do not think it can work on snap. It only looks in one location relative to its executable. You can try using the portable tar, it is the same build as the snap.

Thanks for the answer.
I went another way and built shotcut locally.
I did

qmake PREFIX=~/.local/

and installed everything under ~/.local/
then I copied the compiled bigsh0t qml-stuff to

.local/share/shotcut/qml/filters/

later I symlinked the compiled bigshot libs to

/usr/lib/frei0r-1/

Now I can start my own shotcut and see the plugins and can even add them, but there are no controls to the filters…
at stdout I get:

[Warning] <> file:///home/user/.local/share/shotcut/qml/filters/bigsh0t_eq_mask/ui.qml:2:1: Unexpected token `’
[Warning] <> file:///home/user/.local/share/shotcut/qml/filters/bigsh0t_eq_mask/ui.qml:2:10: Syntax error

or

[Warning] <> file:///home/user/.local/share/shotcut/qml/filters/bigsh0t_eq_mask/ui.qml:15:23: Expected token :' [Warning] <> file:///home/user/.local/share/shotcut/qml/filters/bigsh0t_eq_mask/ui.qml:16:23: Expected token :’
[Warning] <> file:///home/user/.local/share/shotcut/qml/filters/bigsh0t_eq_mask/ui.qml:17:23: Expected token :' [Warning] <> file:///home/user/.local/share/shotcut/qml/filters/bigsh0t_eq_mask/ui.qml:18:23: Expected token :’
[Warning] <> file:///home/user/.local/share/shotcut/qml/filters/bigsh0t_eq_mask/ui.qml:20:25: Expected token `:’

So something with the qml-files is not OK.
How can the build-process of the bigsh0t-Plugins not produce .qml files without syntax errors.

See https://bitbucket.org/leo_sutic/bigsh0t/pull-requests/1/linux-support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.