BETA version 23.11 now available to test

Good find. My mlt file differed in video mode as well. (It is a little bumper in full HD portrait mode that I pasted into a 4k landscape project.)

I encountered an unpleasant situation. On a completely new laptop, with a freshly installed Windows 11 operating system, the first launch of shotcut ended with a freeze on the splash screen with the words “loading plugins”, after which I had to kill the shotcut.exe process, which showed no signs of life in the task manager. But at one point, after about 15 minutes, shotcut loaded completely and all other times it started almost instantly. During freezes, the program did not leave any LOG files so that the reason could be understood. I considered it necessary to write about this here, since I think that I am not the only one who may have similar problems.

I encountered the same problem after reinstalling Windows 11. On 1st opening, Shotcut (V23.09.29) was very long to start up. Since then, the 1st opening is a bit long, but seems to get faster as time goes by. Subsequent openings in the session are fast. I didn’t have this problem before reinstalling Windows.

I usually attribute this behavior to antivirus. In my experience, the first time I execute an application it takes a long time to load because the antivirus scans each file. After the first time, it will skip the scan because it has already been done.

2 Likes

Thanks @brian for this very logical clarification. My antivirus is indeed very… suspicious. As I wrote, now it’s pretty much the same as before the reinstallation.

Windows 11, export presets window, the word “search” is almost invisible due to black letters on a gray background.

1 Like