Beta version 23.04 now available to test

I noticed Shotcut now displays the markers on the Keyframes panel.
This will be useful. But I experience a couple of problems. (Windows 10, Shotcut 23.04.05)

1. When zooming the Keyframes panel, the markers positions are not automatically updated. They will update if I rearrange the layout of the Timeline/Keyframe panels, but the zoom level goes back to the default value.

2. If there are more than one clip in the Timeline, the markers in the Keyframes panel will fit those of the timeline when the first clip is selected, but they become somewhat useless when selecting any other clip.

That is not supposed to happen. This is fixed for the release. Thanks for your report.

Settings >> Theme >> Fusion Dark

I thought it was a new hidden feature :slight_smile:
Seeing how it behaves, I imagine why it would be difficult to implement in a useful way.

Settings > Theme is gone due to a bug or limitation in Qt 6 Quick Controls.

In the beta version, Settings > Theme is gone due to a bug or limitation in Qt 6 Quick Controls.

You need to go to your operating system settings and use a dark Theme
On Windows, for example, I need to set those two parameters to Dark for Shotcut Beta to be on the dark mode.

No, because they are no longer available in OpenCV. They were included in the alpha by mistake but did not work.

2 Likes

Hello.

I noticed a problem with the filter Mask: simple shape

Windows 11 - 22H2 build - 22621.1413

The new visual rectangle control works great. Thanks for that.

But, when changing with the arrows ‘position’ or ‘size’, the mask and the rectangle disappear out of the player with a strange size.

This happens with or without ‘Motion Tracker’.

I do not reproduce this. Can you provide a screenshot? When this happens, do the position and size values “jump” to an unexpected value?

I did - only with keyframes on - and I have a fix.

1 Like

In the Fixes and General Improvements part of the release notes, this is mentioned:

Upgraded Glaxnimate to version 0.5.3, which fixes some bugs and can animate motion along a drawn path.

Sadly I have to report that it’s not the case for me. Glaxnimate (Mask or Animation) will crash about 8 out of 10 times when trying to launch it.

What is the cutoff date for this beta? There isn’t one announced in the opening post here.

There is none. That’s exactly what a missing date says. It’s when I feel like it… but not before 4/20.

1 Like

I forgot to specify: keyframes on… Sorry.
Thanks for fixed. That’s great. I visited the [Donate] page.

A control refresh is required when scrolling right the playlist control. thanks
Version: 23.04.23 BETA

Shotcut 23.04.08 (Github Actions)
Linux Mint 21.1
Some strange graphical interface artifacts

I’m still having trouble adding keyframes from the motion tracker. Keyframes are very often not added.

Save the project prior to creating the keyframes then close the project. Open it again and repeat the process of adding keyframes. You have to wait for it to complete as there is nothing to visually indicate that it’s generating the keyframes.

I usually have the xml project open in notepad ++. After clicking the generate keyframes button, if I then switch to notepad ++ and click on the open project, it asks if you want to reload because it detects any external changes to the open file. This is my notification that the process worked.

I’m not sure if it’s the right solution to save-load every time to get the motion tracker to work. As conceived by the developer, everything should work without restarting the project. Well, rebooting does not always solve the problem, in my case it almost never helps.

According to my observations, when the process of transferring key frames between filters was successful, the first sign is that the application interface hangs slightly and it is impossible to press anything for the first couple of seconds, but in my case everything is pressed immediately, which means the process is interrupted without even starting. Perhaps I should examine the program’s LOG in detail at this point.

Pretty interesting tip, thanks, I’ll try it out.

1 Like

No, it’s not the solution. We’re talking about beta testing here.

I agree with your observations regarding keyframes being generated. Alongside Notepad++, I know they’re being generated if I attempt to click on the button a second time, the program then hangs (a clue it’s generating the keyframes), quite a few seconds later and I see the keyframes.