Basic features request

I’ve just started using shotcut for the past 2 weeks or so to work on a research video, and I gotta say that I really appreciate how quickly & stably the program runs on my 4 year old laptop. I don’t really use any of the advanced features that seems to be available in the program, but I’ve been surprised a few times at the lack of what I would think are basic control features. Among these…

1. No way to multi-select & edit clips in the timeline
  2. No way to rearrange video/audio tracks in timeline. This combined with the fact that the new tracks are created on top , and the top-most track is displayed by default can be pretty annoying.
  3. No way to join clips in the timeline.
  4. No keyboard shortcuts to place start and end endpoints in the media view… this is annoying because if your playback tracker is at the perfect location for a cut, bringing an endpoint marker close to it will cause the tracker to stick magnetically to the marker and not the other way around.

All in all though, I’m really glad I found this program. Keep up the good work!

1 Like
  1. Drag’n’move / copy’n’paste
  2. What do you mean by this, exactly?
  3. Media view? You mean the preview window? ‘i’ (mark in) ‘o’ (mark out). You can get exact positioning for slicing using the timeline.
    But I think all these are new user issues, try to use Shotcut for some more time, watch youtube tutorials and read the website pages regarding keyboard shortcuts and the road map (for example.
    Much of what you are asking is already available and doable or has been covered.