Autogenrated Subtitles

Feature Request - Automatic Caption Generation

I would like to suggest the addition of an automatic caption generation feature in Shotcut. This feature would enable users to automatically generate captions or subtitles for their videos

This is espically useful while creating short content

• Streamlined Workflow: Automatic caption generation within Shotcut will eliminate the need for users to rely on third-party tools or services, making the video editing process more efficient.
  • Accessibility: Captions enhance the accessibility of videos, making them more inclusive for users with hearing impairments or non-native language speakers.
  • Time-Saver: Automatic caption generation will save content creators time by eliminating the need to transcribe and synchronize captions manually.

I understand that automatic caption generation may not be perfect and may require manual adjustments, but having a starting point would be immensely helpful for creators.

Please let me know if this feature aligns with the goals of the Shotcut project and if it is feasible to consider it for future updates.

Thank you for your hard work on maintaining an excellent open-source video editor!

There are no plans for this, but you can use Kdenlive to do it:

1 Like